2006-12-23

Merry Christmahanukwanzaakah!

If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out The 2006 Blogger Christmahanukwanzaakah Online Holiday Concert, on Citizen of the Month's website. It is a collection of holiday carols and photos submitted by bloggers like you. A wonderful event I hope to get my act together for next year.

Digital Father
did a stunning rendition of "O Holy Night" that you shouldn't miss. He also took the time to record his daughter's favorite bedtime stories, and send them to MiniMaple as a Christmas present. How sweet is that?! Bernie - I am so blessed and proud to call you a friend. Best wishes on the 20 or so Christmas masses you're singing in this week!

Let's check in on my other blogging friends...

The Contessa took the time to do some quality reflecting, something all of us should do this time of year. Also, make sure you read her post about singing in the Andy Williams Christmas Show. I'm so very proud of you, and so miss the days you were my roomie!

My cousin Eamon and family have all been battling illnesses this holiday season. Cous - I hope you, Rachel and Caley feel better soon! And here's to having the holiday off from work!

Sierra, you know I loev you, even if your THREE jobs keeps you from posting very often! I look forward to our traditional January Christmas!

For a "different world" experience, read about my former student - turned Peace Corps volunteer - Nora's holiday experiences in Kazakhstan. Nora - you still amaze me from a world away. Hristos Razdajetsja or Rozdjestvom Hristovim, whichever the case may be!

Minor Revisions has added a holiday "Blitzen" accompaniment to her "plan". Katie - I'll sign on to eating those cookies in moderation with you! Have a lovely holiday!

Kris might be Writing in the Mountains, but even at her altitude, she is hoping just as much as I am for a white Christmas. Here's hoping you, The Girl, and all of us Vermonters get a little of the white stuff.

The letter "H" is brought to you by Repressed Librarian this season - and I'm adding number 10 to her list...Happy Holidays!

We Maples will be celebrating 6 Christmases this season - one with my grandparents, 1 with my Mom, 1 with my Dad & Stepmom, 1 with MrMaples' family, 1 with Sierra in January, and we hope to squeeze one in around our own 10' tree, too.

But before all of that craziness begins, I wanted to take a moment to express how much I have appreciated the opportunity to reconnect with dear family and friends, plus make some wonderful new acquaintances through blogging.

Peace to you and yours this holiday season.

3 comments:

Kris Underwood said...

I wonder with all this warm temps and no snow, if we will have a stupidly hot summer here in New England. Wouldn't that be fun?

6 Christmases!! Wow. Spread the Holiday Cheer!!!

The Contessa said...

I have one more reflection taht I have to add as of today - I am an AUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel gave birth to 7 lb 4oz little girl named Anna Guilianna after both grandmothers today at 8AM. Both mother and daughter are doing well and we are blessed with another little girl in our midst!

I miss you all too! I miss our sick version of Happy Birthday - no one else can get through either singing it OR listening to it down here!

We need a euchre fix!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas. You live in my favorite state, the perfect place to get into the holiday spirit.