2006-11-07

Election Day 2006

I am ready for this election to be over. I'm tired of the ads on TV and radio, the unsolicited mailings and PHONE calls , and most of all the lawn signs.

I don't know if these signs are strictly a Northeastern thing, but they are everywhere! I took some pics of a lawn full of them recently. (If you can't read it - the large sign says, "WANTED George W. Bush, international terrorist, for crimes against humanity.)


Anyhow - I'd like to see a change in Washington, but I'm not going to preach about who you should vote for. There are so many people around the globe who are dying each day for the basic right to a voice in their government. We can show them that the process DOES work and is worth the fight. Just get out there and VOTE!

And lastly - a shout out to Vermont's current legislators for work well done!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phone calls-that must be something fairly new. I don't remember anything like that these past years.

just a few minutes ago, I got a call from sanderscampaign. kind of annoying, really. Almost as bad as the LatterDay Saints (or whoever else) knocking at your door selling religion....

Anonymous said...

My personal issue is the phone calls too. I got one the other day from an organization called "Move ON". They were asking for a hour to man phones!