2006-08-14

Adventures in Kazakhland

I have the pleasure of supervising 20-25 college students each year. These students work as ushers and house managers at most performances on our campus - over 110 events annually. They come from a cross section of class years, majors, backgrounds and cultures, but they come together each season to serve our patrons with graciousness and, in the process, often become friends. I enjoy watching these students (who often work for me all 4 years) grow academically and socially during their tenure on my team, and usually mourn the day they graduate.

I am particularly pleased for a recent grad who, after MUCH confusion and paperwork, has finally been accepted to the Peace Corps! She will be teaching secondary English in Kazakhstan and plans to blog about her experiences. Please visit her blog often (Adventures in Kazakhland) and join me in watching her amazing journey!

Nora - I will miss you terribly, but am so very proud of you! Best wishes on your wonderful adventure.

No comments: