2006-12-01

DO have a cow!

It is that time of year again. That time of year when I pull my hair out searching for the PERFECT gift for family and friends.

Upon having my son, however, I had a new outlook on the holidays, and really wanted to give items that would somehow make a difference in our world.

So last year - we gave all of our family members and my co-workers each a share in a pair of sheep for Heifer International and a handmade VT sheep ornament to celebrate their renewable gift each holiday. They were very well received, and I hope to find a similar gift this year.

Dan Zanes has created a YouTube video for Heifer Int'l. about holiday giving - plus you can buy the song, "Holiday Time In Brooklyn" on iTunes - and all the profits go to Heifer.

I also found some lovely presents at GreaterGood.com which I highly recommend. So here's to giving gifts that keep on giving!

No comments: